Last updated 24-10-2020
1. Privacy statement
Blueberry Leopard Pty Ltd ACN 641 926 098 (we, us, our) consider your privacy to be important and we take our responsibility to protect it seriously. We understand that you are concerned about your privacy, along with the confidentiality and security of any Personal Information that you provided to us.
2. Personal Information collected by us
Personal Information is information or an opinion of an individual whose identity is apparent or can be reasonably ascertained. We collect a variety of Personal Information that is reasonably necessary for the purposes of providing and improving our business and our products and services. This information is collected from a range of sources including:
- through the Site;
- through marketing research;
- via competitions and surveys;
- by otherwise having some form of contact with us such as such as by mail, telephone, social media, email, internet or intranet; and/or
- through any of our other business activities or events.
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information”.
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons” (also known as clear gifs, pixel tags or web bugs) are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to Cookies, and are used to track the online movements of web users or to access Cookies. Unlike Cookies which are stored on the user’s computer hard drive, web beacons are embedded invisibly on web pages (or in email). Web beacons may be used to deliver or communicate with Cookies, to count users who have visited certain pages and to understand usage patterns. Like many sites, we use web beacons to collect information which is done in accordance with this policy.
Additionally, when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card number), email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information.”
We endeavour to only collect Personal Information about you from you, where it is reasonable and practical to do so.
3. Use of Personal Information
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfil any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- communicate with you;
- screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
- when in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
Additionally, we use Personal Information for:
- improving our products, services and user satisfaction;
- providing a product or service that has been requested;
- providing support to you;
- promoting and delivering our products and services to you;
- determining whether an individual is suitable for a position within our business, as an employee or contractor for a current or future project;
- our internal research and statistical purposes (including market segmentation and customer value analysis);
- online marketing activities including targeted advertising; and
- enabling us to forward to you other information or material which we believe may be of interest to you.
4. Protecting your Personal Information
4.1 Steps we take
We take reasonable steps to protect Personal Information we hold (including your Personal Information) from:
- misuse, interference and loss; and
- unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
The precautionary steps we take to protect Personal Information include:
- adopting measures to protect our computer systems and networks for storing, processing and transmitting Personal Information;
- adoption of procedural and personnel measures for limiting access to Personal Information; and
- such other security measures we consider reasonable and appropriate from time to time.
Notwithstanding that we use our best endeavours to protect all Personal Information we collect and hold, we unfortunately cannot guarantee its complete security.
4.2 De-identifying and deleting Personal Information
When your Personal Information is no longer required to be kept by us, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or delete the Personal Information in a confidential manner.
5. Disclosure of Personal Information
5.1 Disclosure generally
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information as described above. For example:
- We use Shopify to power our online store - you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy.
- We use Prodigi to fulfil customer orders - you can read more about how Prodigi uses your Personal Information here: https://www.prodigi.com/privacy-and-cookie-policy/
- We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site - you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
We may also share your Personal Information:
- to external service providers so that they can provide financial, administrative or other services in connection with the operation and improvement of our business;
- to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights;
- with your consent, or if you are deemed to reasonably expect that your information would be passed to the person to whom the Personal Information is disclosed; and
- to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
6.1 Our competitions
Predominately all competitions offered by us are hosted on our servers and are conducted, with respect to the collection and use of Personal Information, in accordance with this Policy.
6.2 Third party competitions
7. Do not track
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
8. Your rights
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access Personal Information we hold about you and to ask that your Personal Information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Australia, Canada and the United States.
9. Data Retention
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
10. Third parties
We confirm that we have no control over, and assume no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third party sites or services whatsoever.
You should be aware that your ability to opt-out of a third party tool or platform will depend on the conditions governing your agreement with that third party.
11. Accessing and updating your Personal Information
11.1 Access to Personal Information
We will provide you with access to your Personal Information held by us unless:
- giving access would be unlawful; or
- denying access is required under the Privacy Act or any other applicable law.
11.2 Request for Access
If you would like access to your Personal Information aside from your account information, you must contact us in writing making such a request. Following receipt of your request, we will contact you and either provide you with the information you have sought, or return to you with an explanation detailing why we will not provide you with the information.
11.3 Amending your Personal Information
If you wish to amend Personal Information that we hold, please contact us to request amendment. If we elect not to correct your information, we will notify you, within a reasonable time, of the reason for our refusal, the mechanisms available for you to complain about our refusal and such other matters required by the Privacy Act.
If you wish to have your Personal Information deleted, please let us know and we will take all reasonable steps to delete it, unless we need to keep it for legal reasons.
12. International users
If you are located outside Australia and choose to provide your Personal Information to us, your Personal Information will be transferred to Australia and processed.
We strive to ensure our compliance with this Policy and to regularly review our practices under it.
If at any time you have a complaint against us regarding our Policy, including a breach of the Privacy Act, we invite you to make a complaint. All complaints made will be dealt with in confidence. We endeavour to respond within 30 days of receipt of a complaint with a resolution or proposed resolution to the issue raised.
Please note that you may also make a complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) about the handling of your Personal Information. Information on making a privacy complaint can be found on the OAIC website at https://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy/making-a-privacy-complaint.
We reserve the right to vary this Policy from time to time without further notice to you. Any variations made will be updated on our Site. It is your responsibility to check this Policy every now and again to ensure you are aware of any changes made to it. We will not reduce your rights under this Policy without using our best endeavours to first provide you with notice.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.